Wednesday, August 13, 2008

California Dreamin'

It truly has been a whirlwind couple of weeks, after returning home from Girl's Camp on Saturday, I literally had time to take a shower, pack my bags, and grab a good beach read (well maybe my book is a bit heavy for the beach, but I am enjoyed it nonetheless). Then we were off to California.

Let me tell you, going from Las Vegas to Mt. Charleston to sitting in a car for 4 hours to CA does wonders for your circulatory system. My ankles turned into the dreaded cankles and oh the bloating!

Justin, the homeopathic husband that he is, decided that what I needed was some retail therapy and a good detox. When we arrived in CA, my wonderful in-laws watched Gabby as Justin and I took off for Santa Barbara and the spa in Ojai.

Before my spa treatment the resort had a yoga class scheduled. I figured, perfect, I'll get in a good workout and get in a zen state of mind. I walk into the room and they have spin bikes out. Turns out the class is Spin Yoga. What the !#*@? I guess I am more of a purist. I don't like to mix my version of insanity (crazy lady yelling at you to pedal faster) with my Adho Mukha Svanasana.

All in all it was pure, blissful Heaven! Perfect weather, perfect food, perfect company.

And don't we look like the perfect couple! Just kidding, we had such a good time that we forgot to take any pictures--I know BAD Blogger, BAD! (Photo courtesy of Ojai Valley Inn and Spa).





2 comments:

Carrie said...

Personally, I've never combined yoga and spin, either, but I am all for getting on that bike. SPIN, baby, SPIN!

Welcome back.

Sonia said...

You don't look like the perfect couple? What's that about . . . isn't blogging supposed to be about how everything is just PERFECT? Non the less I love the pix (even if you borrowed them). :o)