Monday, March 16, 2009

First Signs of Spring

Gabby was taking a nap today, yes my 4 year old still naps on occasion--it is lovely! I cleaned the bathrooms on Saturday, did a load of laundry yesterday, so without guilt, I decided to take the opportunity to soak up some sun in the backyard and read my book club selection.



I was not really paying much attention to how much time had passed, but I heard the porch door open and looked back to see Gabby dressed in her bathing suit with a copy of Alice in Wonderland. Truly the first signs of Spring are upon us--Las Vegas style that is.



(I love how gabby created her own little Zen space, complete with a little bud vase of flowers)

5 comments:

emcghee said...

I am on the same page! I too, was lounging in the backyard in the sun, in my suit! I LOVE the warm weather!

Jami said...

Um yeah, that's called summer where I'm from. Spring is not swimsuit season around here. So jealous of the warm temps but then again I don't envy your summer temps. Love the pic of my little niece lounging.

Jessica said...

good job to take time out for you. After some hard work it's nice to have some down time to look foward to. How cute that Gabby came out with book, swimsuit, and blanket...and the vase just made me laugh, what a cute girl. oh and enjoy that warm weather for the rest of the family that are still experiencing some snow =)

ksanft said...

Love it! Gabby knows what's up.

Carrie said...

Firstly, I would love it if one of my children would take a nap. But secondly, I wish I could lay by your pool in my swimsuit! I love Gabby's zen liefstyle.....so chic!