Monday, November 17, 2008

And the Winner Is...

Yes, I went with my gut and the majority of voters and chose the green velvet jacket despite the heavy lobbying from my darling fashion forward daughter. For those wondering, Oprah was very cool and totally undiva-like and NO we were not on "My Favorite Things." Our topic was for mature audiences only--SEX 101. It airs Jan 9th and we ended up being pretty much front and center--3rd row, so we may get our shot at 5 seconds of fame.



The Ya Ya trip to Chicago was wonderful--a total recharge for my spirit. Let me tell you, my gal pals and I packed it in to 3 1/2 days. I had never visited Chicago and I LOVED it and not just because it is Obama mecca. We hit Blues Chicago to listen to some great live music, enjoyed true Chicago deep dish pizza, acted like ladies who lunch as we listened to a lovely harp performance during tea time at the Drake, bought plenty of Garrett's famous MIX popcorn, shopped and shopped and shopped, devoured every last morsel at the Frontera Grill, and talked and talked and talked until we silly. We even got last minute tickets to WICKED. Many thanks to our team of wonderful husbands who let us be spoiled brats for 3 days.


Everyone could tell we were "Oprah girls" from a mile away--from our bellhop to the Starbucks cashier. It became kind of the running joke. Thanks girls, it was the time of my life--until next year.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

This was such a fantastic trip! Just what we all needed. Thanks for the coaxing...I can't wait until next year!

Brooke said...

This is carrie's sister in law, Brooke. Thank you for filling in the details about the Oprah show. Why did Carrie make such a big deal about Sex 101? I'm jealous!...jane must read her blog. Anyways thank you for the info. and for getting Carrie to go. She's a new woman after your trip!

Sonia said...

I'm jealous!! good for you gals. I'm sure it was a blast, and of course you all look fantastic!!!

Grandma Lue said...

We'll have to have "the discussion" over Thanksgiving weekend, since you now have THE word from the foremost expert...Oprah.

emcghee said...

Megan I love that you went to Chicago with your girlfriends and had a great time! I LOVE going on trips with my girlfriends and know what an incredible thing it is! I am going to tune in to Oprah Jan. 9th!