Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Holy Oprah!



So the day has arrived. The ya ya's leave for Oprah Land, a.k.a. Chicago, tomorrow. Our taping is Thursday and of course I am fretting about what to wear. The audience always looks like they just stepped out of O Magazine and I don't know if I'm up to the task.

(Photo courtesy of Flicker and Saturday Night Live
**Notice the late great Chris Farley in this circa 1987 Oprah audience.)


I am going to need your help in selecting an outfit that is worthy of HARPO production. We don't know what the topic will be, but the outfit I choose needs to be versatile. I will need look good whether I am jumping up and down in utter joy because we will be getting free stuff or I will need to look somber and empathetic if we have a guest who has experienced tragedy.

Below is a short home video on the possibilities that I filmed with my FLIP. Please vote with your comments by 7am PST Wednesday 11/12.

Of course if I choose your outfit and happen to get on "Oprah's Favorite Things" episode, I will share some of the booty with you.


7 comments:

Kelly said...

Megan, honestly you can't go wrong! I love all three. If I had to pick my favorite one it would be the green velvet jacket outfit. It's rich color would stand out, I'm sure it's cold in Chicago (although hopefully not too hot in Harpo Studio) so the jacket's appropriate, and it looks really classy. Which one are you leaning towards? If you choose the one I selected and are shown on TV...I expect you to bring me home 2 front row Oprah tickets! :)

kendal said...

I hate to disagree with the Gabster, but I really like the green jacket or the yellow, but the green definitely looks warmer.

JonesFamilyBlog said...

I'm with Gabby-I like the brown dress. That's my opinion, but you probably have better taste than I do, so...I think you will be okay. I hope it is the Favorite Things episode:)

Chelsea Nicole said...

Well for starters, i am supper jealous of you!! Jessica and I were talking about how we really want to get tickets to Oprah but we had no idea how to even try. And on my vote i would have to agree with your friend Kelly. I like the green velvet jacket outfit.

Kelli Despain said...

I think I'm loving the green blazer, you can't go wrong with a blazer, they always look classy!

emcghee said...

Such a cute idea! Sorry I'm too late to vote but I think I have to disagree with my friend Gabby --I like outfit 1 or 2. Have fun!

Grandma Lue said...

Although WAY to late to vote, I would vote to go with your well educated fashion expert. Who knows you better than Ms. Gabby!