Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Enchanted





Copyright 2007 Disney Enterprises, Inc.


I am enchanted with Enchanted. Gabby and I took a sabbatical from the movie for a couple of months, but we picked it back up for our rainy day special a week or so ago. My eyes well up every time I see the movie. I've told this to a couple of friends and a quizzical look comes over them as to why and what part I get weepy over. No it is not the utter cuteness quotient of Patrick Demspey, although I've loved him since his Can't Buy Me Love days. It is not the brilliant seamless way that the creative folks at Disney have incorporated a nod to almost every animated feature they've created in the past 70 years.



The scene that sums up my waterworks: Patrick Dempsey with his daughter in the cab and he is explaining that Nancy will be coming over the following morning for some "grown up girl bonding time." She looks at her dad and says, "Dad I'm only 6!" His reply, "Yes, but you won't always be."


(Princess Gabby at Disneyland with her cousin and Princess Aurora circa 2007)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh Megan, it is so true! Just reading that phrase on your blog made me tear up. This was so what I needed to read today...I need to enjoy them more now because before I know it they will be 14! :) I love you Megan! :)

jill said...

Cute post! I'll have you know when I was in NYC Last November, I was at Bloomingdales and met Amy Adams. It was so exciting! She was really nice, I told her that she did a great job in Enchanted and she seemed genuinely grateful.

It makes me like the movie even more.

I know what you mean about that line by Patrick Dempsey, anything that reminds me that my children won't always be little brings me to tears.