Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Well Laid Plans

You know what they say about well laid plans! So my plan to do this today...

turned into this...








A real Vegas flood in the backyard! After a good soaking, Gabby and I dried off watching Enchanted. It reminded me of the good old days on Patrick Lane where sometimes after a downpour **, the basement would flood. The family would literally haul buckets of water out, roll back the carpet, and bring in industrial fans to dry everything out. Good times!
**At least one time the flooding was not due to mother nature, but to your very own mother jones because I left the front yard hose on overnight--sorry Mom!

4 comments:

Jami said...

I'm so glad you joined us bloggers. And I completely agree about the blogging or doing just for blogging sake. Sorry about the rain. That seems to be all of my plans lately. ;)

Shannon and Jimmy said...

Oh how this makes me miss vegas with a vengence. Not really. Great to hear from you and I will keep in touch.

Carrie said...

Well, I was thinking that your pool was just the place I needed to be, but I guess I'll have to plan the trip extremely carefully...but maybe dancing in a deluge is just what we need!

Grandma Lue said...

This is not a pretty picture....but, fabulous photo journalism! A "photo" (or a few) is worth a thousand words. I really didn't recognize you with the black hair, but then I noticed the gorgeous bod!